Please read these terms & conditions carefully. By entering Ladismith Cheese Company (Pty) Ltd competition all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you must not enter the competition. Please retain a copy of these terms and conditions for your information.
The promoter is Ladismith Cheese Company (Pty) Ltd, Schoongesicht Avenue, Ladismith, Western Cape, South Africa, 6655, +27 (0) 28 55 11 613.
- The competition is open to South African residents only. Participants must be 18 years or older.
- The competition is not open to directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants of the promoter, any person who controls or is controlled by the promoter, or any supplier of goods or services in connection with the competition, or their respective spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
- Enter the competition via the Ladismith Cheese Company (Pty) Ltd website or other mechanisms specified in the competition.
- Each winner will be the first entry selected at random from all qualifying entries.
- The prize winner will be drawn on the day after entries close, and announced on the following day on the Facebook page.
- The promoter will attempt to make contact with each winner at least 3 times, but if it is unable to contact any winner within one week of the relevant draw, the winner will forfeit his/her prize and the promoter reserves the right to select a new winner.
- Winners must provide their ID numbers for regulatory purposes.
- Entries submitted after the closing date will be disqualified.
- All participants will have an equal chance of winning prizes.
- The prizes will be sent by courier to the address the winners provide to the promoter, by no later than four weeks after each winner announcement. The promoter will not be held responsible for any failure by the courier to deliver a prize, or any winner’s failure to accept delivery of his/her prize.
- The prizes cannot be exchanged or refunded and there is no cash alternative.
- The prizes are non-transferable.
- The prize does not include any other costs or expenses relating to the prize or the enjoyment of the prize not expressly specified in these terms and conditions.
Publicity and personal information
- The winners agree to the use of their names and images in any publicity material. The winners have the right to decline this by notifying the promoter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By entering the competition, participants consent to the collection, use, storage, disclosure and processing of their personal information by the promoter for a reasonable period for the purposes of administering the competition, providing the prize and other activities as contemplated in these terms and conditions. The types of personal information that the promoter may collect includes information necessary for its legitimate business interests and the categories of personal information identified in relevant data protection laws in South Africa. This may include participants’ names, identity numbers, e-mail, physical and postal addresses, contact information, and other information provided when entering and participating in the competition.
- The promoter may use participants’ personal information:
- to update the promoter’s existing records;
- for the purpose of administering customer relations; and
- to make information available on future competitions or promotions which the promoter may conduct.
In the event of a Facebook based promotion, the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
The promoter reserves the right, acting reasonably, to cancel or amend the competition due to events or circumstances arising beyond its control which prevent the promoter from conducting the competition as intended. Participants are entitled to withdraw from the competition if they do not agree with any amendments made by the promoter. As far as the law allows, if the promoter cancels the competition or amends these terms and conditions, participants will have no claim against the promoter.
- The promoter reserves the right, acting reasonably, to disqualify any participant who does not comply with these terms and conditions.
- Participants agree to keep confidential any information of whatsoever nature regarding the promoter, its associated companies, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents received as a result of winning or participating in the competition.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of South Africa. Participants consents to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court (Gauteng Local Division, Johannesburg) in respect of all matters arising out of or in connection with the competition or these terms and conditions.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, then that provision shall be severed from these terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- It is not intended that any provision of these terms and conditions contravenes any provision of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008, and therefore all provisions of these terms and conditions must be treated as being qualified, if necessary, to ensure that the provisions of the Consumer Protection Act are complied with.
- A copy of these terms and conditions may be obtained by contacting the promoter at email@example.com.
Errors and omissions:
While every care has been exercised in presenting this competition, Ladismith Cheese Company (Pty) Ltd accepts no responsibility for errors or omissions.