It may be necessary for Ladismith Cheese Company(Pty) Ltd including any of its subsidiaries (“Ladismith Cheese”) to disclose your personal information, as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”), to our employees and third-party service providers who assist us in a number of ways including interacting with you via our website.
We collect personal information about you and any other person whose details you provide to us in accordance with the relevant laws, either:
- Directly from you when you complete a product or service application form, electronically,
- telephonically or by way of a hard copy;
- Indirectly from you when you interact with us electronically by way of our website, apps, or
- social media channels, which may include the collection of metadata (data about data);
- Where relevant, from third-party sources, such as other entities within the Ladismith Cheese Group, marketing and/or sales intermediaries that are representatives of Ladismith Cheese Group entities or have intermediary agreements with Ladismith Cheese entities, public databases, data aggregators, other marketing institutions, credit bureaus, and fraud prevention agencies.
Your relationship with Ladismith Cheese determines the exact nature of the personal information Ladismith Cheese processes, and the purpose for which such personal information is collected and used. However, in many cases we process the following personal information:
- Information about you – for example, your name, identity number, age, gender or date of birth.
- Contact information – in some cases, for example, we may receive your email, address, phone number and postal address.
- Online information – for example, cookies and IP address (your computer’s internet address), if you use our websites, apps and/or social media channels.