- Preheat the oven to 120 ºC.
- Lay 8 slices of bread out on a breadboard and butter each slice with Ladismith Spreado.
- Mix the two grated cheeses together in a bowl and then add a layer to 4 of the slices of bread. Dollop about 2 tablespoons of chakalaka onto each slice on top of the cheese and spread around. Season with salt and pepper and then add another layer of cheese on top of the chakalaka. Close the sarmies up and butter the tops of each.
- Place a large frying pan over medium heat. Add a knob of Ladismith Spreado to the pan and allow to melt; lay 2 sandwiches, unbuttered side down, into the pan.
- Fry for 2 minutes and then flip with a spatula. Fry for another 2 minutes and then flip again. Repeat until the bread is toasted evenly and the cheese inside has melted. Place the two sarmies into the oven to keep warm while you toast the other two.
Serving suggestion: serve with golden fried wedges and extra chakalaka on the side.