- Place a large cast iron frying pan over medium-high heat. Add a glug of olive oil then place the tomatoes face down into the pan. Fry until they are starting to char, then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add another glug of oil to the pan; add the onion and sliced peppers for a few minutes until softened, then add the garlic, ginger and chilli. Fry for another minute until fragrant, then add the chakalaka and beans. Mix to combine, bring to a simmer and then remove from the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Stir in the rainbow slaw, then place the tomatoes on top, cut side up. Add the grated mozzarella in pockets around the pan.
- Place the cast iron frying pan into the oven to grill until the cheese has melted and is starting to brown and bubble.
Remove from the heat and garnish with fresh coriander and serve immediately with toasted mielie bread or roosterkoek slices.