- Preheat the oven to 180°C in a pan, fry the onion until soft, then add the
mince and brown it.
- Add the bobotie spice, chutney, and apricot
jam – Mix well.
- Soak the bread in the milk, then squeeze the
milk from the soaked bread and crumble it
into the mince mixture (reserve the leftover
milk for later).
- Stir until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and
spread it out evenly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the
reserved milk and eggs.
- Pour the mixture over the mince.
- Sprinkle the cheddar over and decorate with
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the topping is
golden and bubbling
- Let cool slightly and serve.